Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So Sweet

Last night, when I was giving Mason his bottle before bed, he let me hold it for him for the first time. I know it seems like such a small thing, but to me it meant so much more. To me, it meant that he was letting go of a little of his independence and relying on me a little more. That is exactly what I want. I want him to put his little guard down and allow me to take care of him 100%. I think we are getting there, one step at a time.

On another note, Monday night he pulled himself up to a standing position by himself. Again, this seems like such a small step, but we were so excited for him. His little muscles are so weak, but are getting stronger everyday. Robbie and I make him work so hard, and it wears him out. He gets frustrated sometimes, but we can see how strong he is becoming. We are very proud of him and the progress he is making. We know there are going to be many more exciting "firsts" to come, and we are looking forward to each and every one of them.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet!! Keep writing on the blog! I love reading it!
    (pictures? please?!)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Mason...and Yay, Mommy! So glad to hear how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda what a sweet post. I can't wait to hold Demot and rock her too... Ahhh the love of a baby, nothing better :)

    ReplyDelete