Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What a Great Day!!

Today was a great day! First of all, I received an update on our little guy. Anytime you receive one of those, no matter how few of words, it just makes you smile. We received the update from another family who is currently in Ethiopia. Thank you Matt and Heather!! Here is what she said:

"he has been scooting around in a walker. has a wonderful smile. is sitting up by himself. I think he has 4 teeth. 2 upper, 2 lower. he has a cough and was feeling under the weather today. One of the nannies was giving him extra tlc."

Of course I hate to hear that he is not feeling well, but at least I know to be praying extra hard for him right now. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Poor baby!

Then, the day got even better!! I was dropping Paige off at school when the phone rang. I saw that it was Allison, but unfortunately I couldn't pick up the phone. As soon as I dropped Paige off, I called her back and she didn't answer. I hate missing calls from her, because she is my favorite person to talk to right now. A few minutes later, she called back with the good news...

We have a December 9th court date!!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. We are one step closer to bringing him home. We need lots of prayers right now, because there have been several families lately, who have not passed court the first time. Although I am hoping and praying that this will not happen to us, I am also realistic, and am trying to prepare myself for anything!!

I also found out that there are 4 other families who received the same court date. Good luck to all of those families as well. Hopefully we will meet you soon in Ethiopia!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment