Thursday, November 5, 2009

1 Month Ago

Exactly one month ago today, we received the phone call that we had been anxiously awaiting. We learned that thousands of miles away, the most beautiful boy you could ever imagine, had been matched with our family.

Since then, it has been a roller coaster of emotions. The first two weeks, I was on Cloud 9. The wait was so much easier than it had been before the referral. We received three rounds of pictures, and two rounds of medical testing. We now actually had a face to look at, a name to talk about, and an age to begin making plans for. This was all so exciting!

Then, things quietened down, and the wait became increasingly difficult (much more difficult than before we had a face and a name). We have fallen in love with this little boy and are desperate to bring him home, but we are learning that this is completely out of our control, and that all we can do is wait and pray.

In my experience, when you are pregnant, the wait is difficult, but at least you have a due date. You know exactly when your baby is going to arrive, and in the meantime you know that they are in the best place they could possibly be to grow and develop. Adoption is so much different. Everything is so uncertain. We do not know when we will get assigned a court date. We do not know how many court dates we will have to have before we pass (it is very common for people not to pass court the first time), and in the meantime, you know that they are not in the best place that they could possibly be. In no way do I mean to criticize the care center or the nannies. I know that they love our children and are doing the best job that they possibly can, given the circumstance. I am truly thankful for them, but I also know that the resources here are so much better.

If you asked me one month ago if I thought it were possible to feel this way about a little boy that I had never met, I would've told you no. I knew that I would love him and care about him, but I never thought I would feel this strongly, and never would I have thought that I would long for him like I do. It is truly amazing how God works, and I thank Him so much for this opportunity! I ask that you continue to pray for our family, for his health, and for patience throughout this process. In the meantime, we will continue to stare at his precious pictures.

Since we are not able to post pictures of him on the internet at this time, I will share this little teaser with you. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment