Friday, September 25, 2009

Networking

In June, I stumbled across a local families blog, and coincidentally they were in Ethiopia getting their beautiful daughter at the time. This lady is an incredible Christian, and has the most beautiful way with words. I found myself completely immersed in her blog, and couldn't put it down until I had read every post. I was so anxious to meet her, that I found her email and asked if we could meet for lunch one day. Fortunately, we were finally able to get together last week. It was such a pleasure getting to visit with her and ask her a million questions that were on my mind. She has an older daughter that they took with them to Ethiopia, so of course I wanted to pick her brain about taking Paige with us. The best part of all, was that she brought their little 8 month old daughter along. She is so incredibly precious that it made me all the more anxious to bring home our little one. If you get the chance to visit her blog, it is http://www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com/. It is truly inspirational and will not disappoint.

This week, I met with another lady who is also adopting from International Adoption Net. They are # 9 on the baby girl list. It is so awesome to have the opportunity to visit with someone who is going through the exact same experience that we are, and to know that our Ethiopian children will have friends to play with, with similar backgrounds. Thank You God for putting these new friends into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment