Sunday, August 30, 2009

More movement

We had another eventful week regarding the adoption. Tuesday, the third family accepted their referral, and Wednesday the pregnant family took themselves off the list. This officially makes us #2!! Although we knew that this is where we were "unoffically", it is nice to actually have it official, but I still can't believe it!

I also saw on another blog that a family who had their fingerprints taken 3 weeks before us, just received their I-171H. This leads me to believe that we should have ours in about 3 weeks. Because we cannot receive a referral before this comes, I am not expecting any movement until at least then, so things should be slowing down. Everything has moved so fast up until this point, I have gotten a little spoiled. Now I am going to have to get used to just waiting.

Finally, our dossier was reviewed on Wednesday, and I spoke with Allison on Friday. She said everything looked good, except for one small thing. She forgot to tell me that one more document needed to be state certified. So, she is going to send it back to me and as soon as I receive it, Paige and I will head back to Austin. It was such an easy trip last week, that it is worth not having to wait the ten days it would otherwise take in the mail.

I will keep you updated...

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I tried to comment earlier and it wouldn't go through so I'll try again. I am so glad your mom gave me your blog site address! I will enjoy reading along as you guys go through the adoption process... not too much unlike a pregnancy with the ups, downs and all the excitement of welcoming the newest family member!
    I miss talking to you, I'll call you soon!
    (oh it has me signed in as "Jeanine's Journey".... that's the blog I set up for Jeanine. I am not sure how to get that to show soemthing else as I think I have to be signed into google to post a comment. Oh well, you know it's me now!)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Manda!! This is so exciting! We can't wait to meet your baby boy...he will be so very blessed. I can't wait to see Paige's reaction to a baby. She will probably think she is the Mommy:) Sorry we missed y'all last weekend. We had fun and hope you guys did too! Love ya! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete