Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fingers Still Crossed

We have had a roller coaster of emotions kind of day. At about 10:45 I got a call from our adoption coordinator telling me that our case was not heard because the Ministry of Women's Affairs did not send their part of the paperwork. From what I understand, three things have to happen to pass. 1. The judge has to hear the case 2. MOWA has to send an approval letter for us to adopt, and 3. His family has to show up to relinquish their rights. As you can probably imagine, I was very disappointed. I thought I had prepared myself for this setback, but I obviously hadn't, because it hit me like a ton of bricks. Then at about 12:30, I received another call from Allison, telling me that our court date has been rescheduled for tonight, and that his family already showed up to sign their part of the paperwork!!! Now, I am excited all over again. We are so blessed to have been assigned such a quick court date, but it is bittersweet, because two other families were rescheduled for the 31st. I know their heart is breaking right now. With that being said, we are continuing to pray for good news tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you tonight and hoping you'll hear good news tomorrow. What an unbelievably crazy day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and prayers for a successful court date tomorrow. What a rollercoaster you have been on... Uggg adoption is crazy.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. King!! I don't know if you will remember me but I'm Valerie Salas, I was a student of yours in kindergarden at Walzem Elementary. You were and still are the best teacher I've ever had. I actually still have a picture of your baby Paige with Santa Claus that you gave me and a picture of you and I! I don't know if you will ever see this but if you do please reply or email me! I have always been trying to look for you and now I have finally found you on here and I think it's amazing how you have adopted! So if you do remember me, please reply! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete