Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Official, We Are Adopting!

WOW! After staying home for five years, it seems I have lost my touch with computers. I thought this adoption process was overwhelming but setting up this blog is proving to be equally as overwhelming. Stay with me, I will get more comfortable and creative with my posts over time.

For those of you who don't know us, Robbie and I have always had adoption in our hearts. We have discussed it on several occasions over the years, but up to this point, for whatever reason, the timing was never right. Finally, in May of this year, we officially decided that it was time.
Although we have always really wanted to adopt internationally, we had strong concerns about taking Paige with us to a potential third world country, and leaving her out of this very important step in the process was not an option for our family. Because of this concern, we briefly began investigating domestic adoption, however, Robbie seemed a little less excited that we were not adopting internationally. Therefore, after I discussed with our social worker and other people who have adopted internationally, I became more comfortable with the travel involved and now we couldn't imagine it any other way. As an added bonus to picking up the newest addition to our family, we also believe this experience will be very good for Paige, not only will it expose her to life outside of her "bubble" but it will help open all of our eyes to exactly how blessed we are.

This being said, we have decided to adopt a little boy from Africa!! Why Africa??? Check back later this week to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment